Sunday, March 31, 2013

I Want My Hour Back

60 minutes, 3600 seconds,

I lost my hour,

I want my hour,

Give it back.

 

Today, I lost an hour because of the summer time application; "Better utilization of the day hours!"

An hour I would have perhaps used to study for the physics exam on Wednesday.

An hour I would have perhaps used to finish The Shire Theme arrangement for the piano I've been working on for two weeks-more like planning to work on for two weeks.

An hour I would have perhaps used to SLEEP.

And where has it gone?

Just thrown away into the space, the endless void beyond the stars we see at night?

Time does that to you. It confuses you, it creates problems we really don't need right now.

Time passes. Only it passes slower when I'm in math class, and faster when I'm in physics or music. Or it doesn't really "pass" when we're asleep. We close our eyes, it is dark, we open them, it is day, and the only crumbs of memory we have are dreams, flashing, vivid pictures, which are seconds long. What happened to the rest of the time?

Time travel is another issue of concern. If it was invented in the future, we would have known by now, because a man in a space suit with six fingers on each of his hand would've stumbled into the middle of the Walmart claiming he is from the future.  One of my favorite movie series is Back to the Future, in which whatever Marty does affects his life in the future, as he tries to get back to it.

They cannot really explain how time works, and how it seems to take FOREVER for the video game to load, but it seems like it has only been 10 minutes since you've started playing it, when in reality it has been five hours. And today, I lost an hour of sleep, fun and doing homework (funny how those two words ended up together). I literally lost it. Now it is 12:52 PM, and I need to get started on studying history, studying the events of the time past, studying the events which might have happened right where I'm sitting right now, the battle of Sakarya, the establishment of the first parliament in Ankara... Same place, different people, different times. It is just like another layer, another world...

Just to confuse you a little more, before I get back to the present and the future, here's a question: If I went back in time and somehow caused my grandmother and grandfather to never meet, what would happen?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment