Sunday, September 30, 2012

My First Composition

I wrote my first composition in 2010.I first composed it as a song, inspired by Orhan Veli's poem Gün Doğuyor, meaning "The Day is Dawning", but then I converted it to an instrumental piece. The moment I finished the piece, I knew that I would want to do this again and again. Creating something from scratch, and for once, being on the other side, the side of  Beethoven and John Lennon and listening to a complete piece of music, knowing every single note in it is simply a feeling that cannot be described fully by words. This is one of my favorite poems by Orhan Veli, and here are its first and last stanzas (the city, in this case is Istanbul):

The tongues of the nights are being unraveled,

The shadows are scattering off into the depths.

Taking the magic of puzzles,

The day dawns over the city.

 

And like a rush of sea,

The day dawns over the city.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment